Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Palin the Well-Dressed: Let Them Eat Cake

Apparently, since McCain's selection of Sarah Palin as his running mate less than three months ago, the RNC has spent a whopping $150,000 just to keep Palin well-dressed and well-coiffed. Let me put this into some perspective for you. In less than three months, the amount that the RNC has spent on Sarah Palin's fashion accessorizing could almost buy my 2800 square foot house outright. As for me, I had to take out a 30 year mortgage. Also, over that same time frame, my household has spent probably in the range of $300 on clothing, shoes, makeup, and visits to the barber/hairstylist -- and I'm talking about 4 people combined, 3 of whom are fashionable females.

This is supposed to be the campaign/party that eschews "celebrity," embraces Joe Sixpack the Plumber, and claims to exercise some kind of fiscal restraint and responsibility? Puh-lease!

No comments: