Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Debate Reaction

I personally thought Obama won this clearly. He was smooth, convincing, composed, and knowledgable. McCain seemed desperate and petty. But I've checked out some conservative blogs and the folks there are living in a fantasy world. They think (for the third time, no less!) that McCain won this debate. And yet almost every survey of focus groups (even the FoxNews focus group) gave the debate to Obama. What kind of ozone layer do these people live in? Just goes to show you that we see what we want to see in these debates. I guess McCain spoke to his narrow base looking for something to cheer; and Obama appealed to folks like me who are already sold on his policies and his delivery style, which he provided in abundance tonight.

Best reaction to the debate, though, came from Mrs. Huckupchuck who said that McCain's performance can be summed up accordingly: "Grasping and Gasping" -- meaning Grasping at straws and gasping for air. I think that pretty much captures it in a nutshell.

We'll see what the next few days' polling reveals, but I'm going out on a limb and declaring: "McCain is toast."

In fact, I'll go one further: I think McCain is so toasted that I predict a Louisiana upset for Obama on election day. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm smoking it, but I ain't feeling nothin' yet. That would be a helluva shocker.