Tuesday, January 08, 2008

O'Reilly's Stirring Defense of the Constitution

A few posts back, I wrote about FoxNews mouthmook Bill O'Reilly's stalker-like obsession with Barack Obama. Well, O'Reilly is now claiming that his pathethic, jerkish behavior was absolutely necessary to defend the U.S. Constitution. Click here for the Crooks and Liars story on this, and make sure to look at the video.

Now, where was O'Reilly and his stirring defense of the Constitution argument when Lamar White Jr. reported a similar incident where folks presumed to be affiliated with Bobby Jindal's campaign attempted to "block the shot" of a Louisiana citizen's efforts to videorecord Jindal's speech? Here's the clip of that incident:



Can you imagine what O'Reilly would have run on his show had the folks being blocked in the above clip pulled the same kind of stunt O'Reilly did at the Obama rally.

O'Reilly sure is a piece of work, is he not? And he's one of the darlings of FoxNews. Where's the integrity of that pathetic excuse of a network when it comes not only to dealing with the completely unacceptable, atrocious behavior of O'Reilly, but also to dealing with his smug, pathetic, and disgusting little attempt to defend his indefensible thuggery by wrapping it in the U.S. Constitution? Most networks would fire their staff for engaging in such shenanigans. The least FoxNews can do is apologize. But I'm not holding my breath. After all, it is FoxNews.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mouthmook is a perfect word for Billo. Well done.

Anonymous said...

There are three Fox News shows I can't stand to watch:

O'Reilly
Hannity & Colmes
Greta Von whatshername

Likewise, on CNN, there are three programs that send me into convulsions:

Anderson Cooper 360
The Situation Room w/ Wolf Blitzer
American Morning (since Paula Zahn left)

Outside of these 6 shows, the two networks really aren't all that different, and I tend to watch whichever one I land on first. Fox is a little flashier. CNN is a bit more urban.

I do have to admit though, I enjoy watching Tucker Carlson, a guy who is uniformly hated on by both conservatives and liberals.

Huck said...

P_F - Maybe it's throwing out the baby with the bathwater, but you could avoid the problem completely by simply getting rid of the TV altogether. It's (mostly) worked for me. And I do think the net result has been positive.

Anonymous said...

I'd no sooner get rid of my TV than I'd get rid of my bookcase, but I'm glad it has worked out well for your family. I have a few friends who have done that as well and they seem happy with it, though they sure seem to enjoy coming over to our house to watch movies on the bigscreen every once in awhile! ;-)