Sunday, January 06, 2008

More NH Democratic Debate Reax

I don't know what debate The Atlantic's Marc Ambinder saw last night, but his assessment strikes me as way off the mark (pun intended!). Unlike Ambinder, I certainly saw some "New Hampshire Ice" replacing "Iowa Nice." Now, this crowd's reaction [see the YouTube clip below] to Hillary's performance is more reflective of what I saw last night and represents my thoughts on the debate immediately after watching it. As many of these people mentioned, Hillary went negative (as one person said, she got "vicious") on the "change" motif and took it as a personal attack when she really didn't have to. What is also stunning is the degree of shift in voter support away from Hillary towards Barack. Methinks Hillary is toast in NH. Watch the whole thing.



[H/T: Andrew Sullivan]

No comments: