Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Joining the Christmas Video War

Seems like I am late in coming to the Christmas video war among some NOLA bloggers. Scout Prime at First Draft has some real doozies. Hard to compete with that. virgotex takes up the challenge with a fine sally. Oyster at Your Right Hand Thief counterattacks with this. I have to say that Scout Prime, especially after unleashing her secret weapon from the reserve vaults, has the upper hand in the battle so far. Here's my humble sortie in the war:



Maybe not up there with Scout Prime, Oyster, or virgotex, but I think I can hold my own with this submission, and leave some bruises in my wake!

UPDATE 12/12/2007 12:40PM: Even though he apparently "doesn't want to fight," Celsus is now in on the brou-ha-ha with his shot across the bow. And Leigh C., not to be outdone, makes this seasonal holiday battle an ecumenical one with this Adam Sandler classic!

UPDATE 12/12/2007 5:10PM: Celsus regroups and makes a truly impressive second assault. As does Scout Prime. And let's not forget virgotex, who makes quite a find. Oyster's gag-inducing, self-declared winning knock-out blow is still lightweight, if you ask me. In the end, I think Greg's blitzkrieg over at Suspect Device: The Blog has to be the winner. Hands down. I'm raising the white flag of surrender and won't even try to compete anymore. I'll just leave you with this Christmas ditty, courtesy of the worst of the best of 1980s British Pop:



The music, lyrics, and fashion are bad enough as it is; but when you add the many layers of racial, class, and gender patronization wrapped up in this whole Band Aid enterprise (Ugh! Even the title of "Band Aid" offends!), how can one not get that profoundly sick feeling deep down in the recesses of one's being. Man, as someone who came of age in the 80s, I feel soooooooo cheated by everything about Popular Culture of that decade.

Oh, and, by the way, Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

oyster said...

A Very strong escalation, indeed. My analysts are working on an appropriate response.

Anonymous said...

I've got a response. Consider it a shot across the bow.

Leigh C. said...

Me, too. God help us all!

Anonymous said...

well you DO get extra points for the scantily clad elves