Friday, July 13, 2007

The Warrantless Blogtapping Program

BLOG UNDER SURVEILLANCE: Right Wing News ...
Issue: Banning as a "Badge of Honor"?


John Hawkins reports at his blog, Right Wing News, that he might have been blackballed by the White House from participating in a "blogger teleconference." He runs through a lot of possible reasons, one of which is that maybe he was just too tough on the White House, thus wearing out his welcome there. In fact, he prefers to think of this as the real reason because it makes him seem oh-so-important and oh-so-principled! It also makes the Bush Administration and Tony Snow appear like a bunch of wusses who can't stand the heat from a little ole' blogger like Hawkins.

Hmmmm. I can't help but wonder ... Is Hawkins subconsciously giving me some sort of hint? Regardless, maybe I should take it as such. Until I hear otherwise, I will just assume that I have been "blackballed" from RWN simply for being too tough on Hawkins, who simply just couldn't stand the heat from a little ole' commenter like me. And it's something to wear as a "badge of honor."

I have to admit that it is an interesting approach ... though it wouldn't reflect all too well on Hawkins now, would it?

No comments: