Sunday, July 01, 2007

Congratulations to StanW

From the comments thread for this posting at RWN, I read this:

Gentle Posters of RWN.

At Noon on Saturday, my first grandson came into this world. Although he had to spend some time in NICU, he is now doing very well and is scheduled to come home tomorrow.

Mom and Boy are doing well.

Thanks to all those wishing us well.

Posted by StanW
July 1, 2007 10:51 PM
Through the course of our exchanges at RWN over the years, StanW and I have developed a respectful and friendly online relationship. Since I cannot reply to this news at RWN, and since I have no other way to contact StanW, I'd like to take this opportunity on my own blog to congratulate him on the birth of his first grandson. Cheers, StanW! May you and your new grandson have many years of life together, with lots of wonderful shared memories! (Don't spoil him too much!!) And I extend my well wishes to the little fellow's mom and to your entire family. There is nothing better than welcoming a new life into this world. God bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kind words and the good thoughts, Huck.

Mom and baby are home now. Everyone is fine.

Let the spoiling begin!

Anonymous said...

Stanw,

Congrats! Spoiling aside, Grandparents are the best. Our daughter simply adores her GeeGee and Gimpa. As tired as I may get of hearing the words, "Well, GeeGee lets me do it." I wouldn't trade it for anything.

My own grandfather would laugh at anybody who used the word "mentor" in normal conversation, but I could ask for no better mentor in my life. I'm lucky to still have him around, and not a week goes by where I don't benefit in some way from the wisdom he's imparted upon me over the years.

Congrats again, and good luck. From where I sit, grandparenting looks like a lot more fun than parenting!