Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Done with RWN Banning Issue

OK, so it's been more than three weeks since I've been banned by RWN. I've not heard from Hawkins. Unless I hear from Hawkins about why I was banned (and I don't expect to), I won't be commenting on this subject anymore on my blog.

That doesn't mean I won't be commenting on the content of his blog through the "Warrantless Blogtapping Program" category I've set up; it simply means that I am putting to rest the whole banning episode.

It is what it is and that's all there is to it.

If anyone wants to discuss this matter with me, I will be happy to do it via a private email exchange or in the comments section to this post. My email address is: huckupchuck@hotmail.com.

Fin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That doesn't mean I won't be commenting on the content of his blog through the "Warrantless Blogtapping Program" category I've set up; it simply means that I am putting to rest the whole banning episode.

I thought you couldn’t access RWN anymore. Did you get that straightened out?


Anyway, to honor your decission to not discuss this anymore, I will say one last tiem. I don't understand how this happened. It doesn't make sense to me.

Huck said...

don_cos - I said that I can't access RWN from my workstation computer through the IP address that this computer uses to connect to the internet. And I still can't. If I sit at my office desk and try to access RWN from the computer on my desk, I get a "Forbidden/No Access Permitted" message.

But other computers in the office where I work can access RWN because they have different IP addresses. I can access RWN from my home computers. I can access RWM using my laptop and my Verizon wireless broadband service. So, it's not as if I can't access RWN to be able to read it from different sites, I can.

But what I also can't do is sign-in to RWN using the account information that I had registered with RWN that would allow me to post comments there. I can't do this from any computer station.

Does this help clarify? And commenting on my banning is fine. You should feel free to do so anytime. I'm not prohibiting that. I'm just saying that I won't make any more postings to my main blog page about my banning. If Hawkins ever does give a reason, then I'll post this; but otherwise, it's a subject that has run its course as a main blog entry.