Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Quote of the Day:Frum on DeMint's "Waterloo"

Conservative David Frum:

For the cause they purport to represent, however, the "Waterloo" threatened by GOP Sen. Jim DeMint last year regarding Obama and health care has finally arrived all right: Only it turns out to be our own.
You know, if the majority of conservatives in this country were more like David Frum or Andrew Sullivan, we liberal Democrats would have our work cut out for us. But when conservatism is defined by the likes of Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, and Glenn Beck, it's just too easy for us liberal Democrats. And that makes us complacent. Which is not necessarily good for the country. Personally, I'd rather be pushed and challenged than screamed at and insulted. The former gives me pause to question my own arguments and reasons, the latter just leads me to shake my head and walk away.

No comments: