Monday, September 08, 2008

Pshew!

Gosh, darn! I'm exhausted! I don't think there is anything worse than being a college professor and administrator and having to return to the office and the classroom after an unexpected weeklong evacuation holiday has thrown off a carefully orchestrated academic program that now has to be completely reconfigured.

And it's all the worse when that reconfiguration involves not only rewriting syllabi and shuffling around assignments, but in reworking collaborations with equally disrupted community partners in setting up community service assignments.

I guess it wouldn't have been as bad if the evacuation had happened after a rhythm had been established and a routine fixed in place; but we didn't even have enough time to start the process before it got disrupted. And now we have to basically start over again completely.

Needless to say, I did not have time to think today with all the classroom visiting and phone calls and schedule coordinating and lecturing that faced me just about every minute. And it's not likely to slow down at least until the end of this week.

I just pray to God that I don't have to restart this all over again come next week!

No comments: