Thursday, January 07, 2010

Prediction: Alabama vs. Texas

The Times-Picayune's James Varney lists some predictions from around the country on tonight's college championship game between Alabama and Texas.

My prediction: Alabama 24, Texas 10. I don't think it's going to be close. I think Alabama will take an early lead and Texas will never get close.

I would like to add that I support the idea of a college playoff series. It's a shame that the two undefeated teams from non-BCS conferences don't get a chance at the big prize. We've already seen how non-BCS conference teams can hang with the big boys and even defeat them, which has actually happened multiple times over the past year when an BCS conference team and a non-BCS conference team have been paired up in one of the BCS bowl games. Such teams should have a chance to compete for the championship, and the BCS as it currently is designed simply will never allow for that possibility. And that is an injustice.

No comments: