Sunday, December 06, 2009

Who Dat?!?!?!?!

You just have to check out the highlights reel to believe it: Link.

I have to say, I turned off the radio when the Skins were up by 7, at the Saints 3-yd-line, with about 3 minutes left to play in the game.

Then I went downstairs to commiserate with my B-2/3, and she couldn't believe I gave up. She exhorted me to keep the faith with the team.

I remarked, the only way the Saints even have a prayer is if the Redskins miss the field goal and then march downfield and score a TD.

My B-2/3 just looked at me as if to say: "There you go. It ain't over 'til it's over."

So I flipped back on the radio. Suisham missed the Field Goal. And my heart skipped a beat. Then Drew Brees worked his magic and all of the sudden, the game was tied. And I almost had a heart attack.

And then when the Saints recovered that fumble during overtime, drove down to the six-inch line, and kicked the winning field goal. I did have a heart attack.

I'm still incredulous. 12-0! Who Dat?!?!?!?!

No comments: