Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tulane Latin American Studies News

I'm sure some of my readers know that I work at the Stone Center for Latin American Studies at Tulane University. I'm the Assistant Director and Graduate Advisor there. I'm also a graduate of the Stone Center, having earned through the Center both my MA and my Ph.D. in Latin American Studies. We're a National Resource Center on Latin America through the U.S. Department of Education's Title VI Program. The big news recently is that the Center for Inter-American Policy & Research (CIPR), which is a research institute affiliated with the Stone Center at Tulane, has received $12.3 million in grants to support the continued growth and emphasis of Latin American Studies at Tulane. We are, obviously, very excited about this development; and we're looking forward to confirming our status as one of the premier academic programs and research centers on the study of Latin American in the United States. If you are interested in the study of Latin America in any capacity, please check out the many exciting things we have going on at the Stone Center and CIPR. Needless to say, I am proud to be a part of the Stone Center and CIPR team.

No comments: