Monday, May 19, 2003

Lagniappe - Well, the Bennett controversy has somewhat died down, but every so often it pops back up with Bennett's conservative defenders making the same tired old argument: "What Bennett did doesn't negate the value of what the man has said." I've heard this sentiment expressed so frequently, that I've just got to start the "Do as I say, not as I do" Club. I've already noted that Kathryn Jean Lopez (a.k.a. "K-Lo") has made this argument. Now we can add another one of her National Review colleagues: Jay Nordlinger. (Scroll down to the sixth item of his bulleted column - in response to a Frank Rich editorial.) I'm sure there are others at the National Review who have made this argument. I'm now on a quest to find out who these people are, and then add them to the club. Stay tuned.

No comments: