Friday, January 06, 2012

Jim McCormick in Nashville

Kudo's to my high school and college classmate, Jim McCormick, for his growing success in the country music songwriting world in Nashville.

I just had a chance to catch up with Jim during our annual Class of '86 Jesuit High School Christmas lunch (In the picture I posted there, Jim's the guy in the back row under the wall-mounted TV set, on the right.)

I'm so glad for Jim's success.  Couldn't be happening to a nicer guy.  Jim's performing this weekend at Carrollton Station, and I'm gonna try to get out to see him.

Way to go, Jim!

1 comment:

Eric said...

"In a typical year, he may churn out 150 songs..."

That is amazing. I have written songs as a hobby for almost 20 years years and haven't written anywhere near 150 total. If I was paid good money to write songs all day every day, I don't think I could write 50 a year. That just blows me away.

I know some of his songs, and the "We Drove In Trucks" song is one I am actually kind of fond of. I'm not a huge fan of pop country, but I end up listening to it a lot because that's what our local radio station plays, and you have to listen to the radio station if you want to know what's going on around town. So I'm pretty familiar with what is going on in the genre and your friend has written songs for some of the hottest up-and-comers of the last 5 years. That is awesome for him!

Congrats to your friend!