Sunday, January 01, 2012

Fitness Check-In

My New Year's Resolution was to get down to 170 lbs by the end of 2012.

I stepped on the scale this afternoon to post my baseline weight.

I weighed in at 206 lbs.

That means I need to lose exactly 36 lbs to reach my goal.  This averages 3 lbs per month.

I'll try to post a picture (just a shoulder and head shot) every week on Sunday evening so there's at least some visual accountability.  So, here's today's picture:


Sorry for the "hat head."  It ain't pretty, but it is what it is.  My daughters are mortified that I'm posting this online.  But, hey, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.  Since my face is usually the first place where any weight loss tends to reveal itself, I promise "prettier" pictures down the road.

Off we go!!!  And wish me luck.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Good Luck, Jimmy!

I always manage to drop 20 lbs or so between New Years Eve and the 4th of July... then manage to pack it all back on between Labor Day and Christmas.

Huck said...

Thanks, Eric. I think the only way I'll stick to my resolutions is to make it costly for me not to do so. Stay tuned to see how it goes.