Sunday, February 12, 2012

2012 Resolution Update

Yes, it's that time of the week, once again. This week, I've been much less ascetic in my caloric intake and thus have moderated my weight loss to a better, healthier degree. My reported weight last Sunday was 179.8 lbs. This week it's 178.2 lbs. That's a drop of only 1.6 lbs. Much more modest than in previous weeks, but probably much more along the lines of what healthier weight loss should be. Visual evidence ... Today's picture:


Compared to that of January 1, 2012, when I started this project:


What was interesting about this week was that we had house guests the whole week and thus the social food culture of having guests was a part of our household dynamic this week. Which means, in short, that I had a few "splurges."  Additionally, I had more business "meal" meetings this week than usual, so my inclinations towards food asceticism overall were tempered somewhat this week.

Yet, I still got my full workouts in.  So even though I ate some tasty, high-calorie meals, I still managed to lose a bit of weight. Over the next few weeks, with Mardi Gras festivities kicking into full gear, I'm not even going to pretend to expect any weight loss. In fact, I may even put back on a pound or two; but I will still be exercising regularly and trying to regulate how much of a good time I'm planning to have this Mardi Gras when it comes to calories.

Even if the next couple of weeks set me back some, the good news is that I still will have 10 plus months to reach my goal!  Always a comforting thought.