Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tooth Pulled

Finally, after having done every possible thing to save my #14 molar tooth, I had the sucker pulled.

I've chronicled my toothaches before, and I will reiterate that there is nothing more painful than a toothache. I have suffered with this particular tooth for about a year and a half. At first, the tooth was determined to have had a dead and infected root. So I thought I had solved the problem one root canal and crown later. Yet, when the toothaches persisted after the root canal, I had it checked out by an endodontist, who discovered a crack in the tooth. Nothing more to do about it than to have it extracted, which I did yesterday.

Now, as I recover from a tooth extraction, I need to decide what to do next. The likely path is a dental implant.

When all is said and done, I will have spent over $4000 on one tooth.

I should have had the sucker pulled from the start.

Regardless, if the toothache is gone for good now, it will be well worth all the trouble and the expense.

No comments: