Sunday, February 21, 2010

LA Congressional District 2

Juan LaFonta versus Cedric Richmond. Now this upcoming Democratic primary race is going to be fun to watch!

LaFonta's been really attentive to the Latino community and its needs, but he's also come across at times as a bit manipulative of this community, too. I don't know much about Cedric Richmond save for some of his public performances, but I can say from my limited exposure to Richmond that he's ambitious and talented. LaFonta is much better connected and has a more charming and effusive personality; but Richmond is no campaign slouch either. I don't know where I will fall out in this primary, but I guarantee you it's going to be interesting to watch.

And then there's Anh "Joseph" Cao to contend with, too. I really like Cao. I can't help it, I just do. I wish Cao would have more backbone in bucking the GOP line, because I really think Cao's heart is in the right place when it comes to resisting GOP orthodoxy and being true to the majority of his constituency's views.

Regardless, I think we're in for another freaky mid-term electoral campaign later this year. As I said, it will be fun to watch.

No comments: