Friday, February 12, 2010

Fat Who Dat

It's Mardi Gras time in the N'Awl! The euphoria is running high. We got a superbowl championship team that made us proud last Sunday, which was a nice way to kick off the parade season. Then on Tuesday, the Saints rolled downtown in a victory parade. They say that upwards of 800,000 people were there. I find that extremely hard to believe, as that would constitute more than one-half of the entire metro New Orleans population. I didn't make it down to the parade, and I know lots of other folks who didn't either. So, I can't imagine where the 800,000 people came from.

I have to say, I love the Saints and I am a proud member of the Who Dat Nation, but I think folks here are going just a tad bit overboard. Sure, the victory means a lot to the city and to its residents, but it is still a game, after all. There are many more important things in this world than a Saints superbowl victory.

Anyway, far be it from me to be a Who Dat Grinch! Let's enjoy it, but let's also keep our priorities straight, too.

No comments: