Sunday, September 13, 2009

What Now Anh "Joseph" Cao?

I like Anh "Joseph" Cao. I voted for him in the last election and would even consider him seriously in the next one, strictly on the basis of his progressive attitudes on immigration and language access issues.

But I want Cao to know right now that I simply will not vote for a Republican, no matter how much I like him (or her), given the importance of maintaining some Democratic Party discipline in these trying times when Obama needs it most.

If there is a credible Democratic candidate, and there looks to be plenty to choose from, that person will win my vote over any Republican or Independent candidate, Cao included.

My advice to Cao ... if you want to have ANY chance with voters like me, you better switch parties. And fast.

No comments: