Friday, April 11, 2008

Diciendo Adios

Today, I attended Ashley Morris's funeral. I was only able to make the memorial service, but couldn't stay for the procession and burial because of other commitments. I'm glad I was able to be there for the time that I was and to pay my respects. I think it's worth noting that Ashley, in this last goodbye, got me together, for the first time, with people whom I had never met before in person. Celsus was there and was the first to introduce himself to me. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Celsus and I had a network of connections from undergraduate college days, though we never knew each other back then. Through Celsus, I became acquainted with other bloggers: Leigh from Liprap's Lament - The Line; Jeffrey; NOLA Cleophatra, G Bitch, and others. It was great to meet and see all these folks, almost all for the first time. Another final accomplishment for which Ashley can claim credit.

No comments: