Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's Sotomayor for SCOTUS

I just saw the headlines that Obama has selected Sonia Sotomayor to be his nominee to replace David Souter on the US Supreme Court. I know very little about Sotomayor, but I applaud Obama for his selection. I will be following this nomination closely and learning what I can about Judge Sotomayor over the next few weeks. As someone very much partial to finding a justice with a solid understanding both of US law and with a personal understanding of the Latino community, I can't help but be initially quite thrilled with this pick.

Here's a bit more on Sotomayor's life and career as a lawyer and judge.

1 comment:

D-BB said...

Have you seen her? Is she hotter than that Mexican chick on Peoples' Court? Wouldn't it be nice to just once have a Supreme Court Justice that we would want to see naked?