Sunday, January 25, 2009

Random NOLA

I've decided to set up a Blog posting category that I'm calling Random NOLA, which will feature a photo that I've taken from places around the city of New Orleans that make up a part of my day. They won't be pre-arranged. And I'm going to try to make them pictures of inconspicious scenes, but potentially identifiable to the attentive native. In other words, don't expect to find pictures of the Superdome or the St. Louis Cathedral or other such easily identifiable places. Where possible, I'll also try to keep street signs out of the picture, too. The goal is not only just to share a brief, random part of the path of my day, but also to see if true NOLA-philes can figure out exactly where in the city this scene is located. So, without further ado, here's the first "Random NOLA" Photo in what I hope will be plenty more to come. Give it your best shot and put your guess in the comments section:

3 comments:

Ken said...

That would be the fire station just behind the corner of S. Carrollton and S. Claiborne Avenues....

...and you are going to make me very homesick with these photos! :-)

vjm said...

Jimmy, so easy!!! the fire station on carollton near claiborne - I love this fire station, it's one of my favorite structures in New Orleans. I'm so glad you can see the tower now - it seemed hidden for years. it is in major need of renovation.

Huck said...

Ken and Val - Both correct! Yeah, the first one was an easy one, especially for us uptowners who live in the area and pass down Carrolton Ave. regularly. But it might not be so easy for Lakeviewers or New Orleans Easterners. I imagine that any picture I take will be easy for some to get, but more difficult for others depending on their own paths and routes through the city. In any case, it should be fun to keep up the game! Thanks for commenting.