Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Wonderful Confraternity of Jesuit High School of New Orleans

First, Fr. McGinn, let me wish you a good morning! And let me assure you that this posting will only have nice things to say about JHS.

Second, I just want to give a big shoutout to the Class of '86 gang who gathered for lunch today at Commander's Palace. What's cool about our class is that we get together 3-4 times a year for lunch, and everyone of our classmates is invited and welcome. I don't know if other graduating classes do this, but I'm very glad ours does. I always enjoy this camaraderie.

Since the subject of my blog came up at lunch today, I figured my classmate buddies in attendance might check out The Huck Upchuck. And since there is a healthy variance of ideological positions among our group (though I may very well be the most outspoken lefty among us), the joke is that one must be careful what one says (especially among the ideologically conservative among our group) lest it appear on The Huck Upchuck as part of some vicious and snarky diatribe and get someone in trouble!

Rest assured that I take those lunches as a sacred trust and would never betray our confidences. Besides which, all ideological differences aside, there is not a better bunch of guys in the world to hang out with. Just fantastically good guys, with hearts the size of Texas. And I would break partisan ranks in a heartbeat, without a second thought, and with absolutely no regrets whatsoever, to defend and affirm my Blue Jay brethren. So, I salute my Jesuit Blue Jay confraternity. Y'all are awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hm, interesting, I just came across your blog and I'm JHS class of `85.

I'll put you on the roll.

AMDG, brah.