Thursday, March 27, 2008

MBH Pottery Kicks Off

Mrs. Huckupchuck has secured an exhibit booth at the Arts Market of New Orleans. This market, which features mostly hand crafted artisanry pieces and requires a review of one's work by the Arts Council of New Orleans to ensure that it meets the market's artistic standards, takes place usually on the fourth Saturday of every month. This means that this Saturday, March 29, is the next market.

Mrs. Huckupchuck will be there displaying and selling her wheel-thrown functional pottery. She'll be set up in exhibit booth number 48. If you venture into this market, please do stop by and say hello. Mrs. Huckupchuck, whom you can see at her wheel here, is very sociable and gregarious. I'm sure she'd love to meet you and talk pottery and books.

I'll be doing the Saturday routines with my other little lovelies (ballet practices, coffee shop visits, treats from the Whole Foods bakery section), so I'll probably only be around the market sporadically throughout the day.

I know I'm biased, but my wife makes some fantastic pottery pieces. Just about all of the bowls, plates, mugs, platters, vases, teapots, etc., that we have and use in the house are made by her skilled and loving hands.

Come by and check it all out!

No comments: