Sunday, August 03, 2008

Scraps of Wood

I'm one of those guys who likes to do his own home improvements and maintenance tasks. I'll throw myself into basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry, sheetrocking, painting, etc., tasks. Sometimes I throw myself into more than just the basics of these tasks. As such, I accumulate lots of bits of leftover materials: extra romex wiring, extra copper tubing, extra pieces of drywall, and lots of extra pieces of wood. Unfortunately, I'm also the kind of person who has a hard time tossing in the trash any leftover scrap materials that I think may have some remote utility down the road. Suffice it to say that now I have quite a collection of scrap materials. It's getting to the point where I need to make some decisions on what to do with my "stuff." I'm open to any cool suggestions on how to recycle such materials around the home. So, if you have some ideas, I'm all ears.

3 comments:

Eric said...

Here's one suggestion: even if you end up hauling it all off to the dump, before you do so, put it all in a big pile and give your daughters a couple of hammers and a box of nails and see what happens. That is how our Playhouse got started.

Huck said...

Thanks, Eric. I may do just that. And we'll see where it goes. I'll probably still have to haul it off to the dump, but it will probably be fun in the meantime!

Michele said...

You could offer the leftovers on www.freecycle.org. Just a thought from someone who would love to see your "collection" move on to a new home. The Green Project also might be a possibility.