Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Family Huck's Plan

We've decided.

Early tomorrow morning we'll be heading up north close to Nashville, TN. We've been following the hurricane tracking models, we've been spending most of the day preparing the home, and we've been gathering up all our travel stuff. I'm bringing the laptop with my wireless card, so I'll be connected to the world via the web. The Huckupchuck will still be active. In fact, I may even have another couple postings before the day is out. We shall see.

For now, some stuff from the Huckupchuck Katrina Archives.

Here's what I wrote on Sunday, August 28, 2005, when Hurricane Katrina was bearing down on us. I'm much less cocky now. And this is what I wrote four days later on Thursday, September 1, 2005. I hope to God I'm not writing another blog posting like that one.

And yet, life goes on. Asi es. Go with God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might be Bogalusa for me, rather than St. Francisville. Otherwise, Memphis, Indianapolis, St. Louis, or Wisconsin.

See you on the other side. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Huck! My, final prep for leaving is almost done.