Wednesday, May 28, 2008

15 Years Married

Tomorrow, May 29, marks my 15th wedding anniversary. I'm married to the most beautiful person in the world. I'm looking forward to many more wonderful years together:

To MCB: For Love of the Spring of 1991

Gentle bird, sweet lark, you who softly sing
Your misfortune, tonight lie cradled in
My palm. What malady has befallen
Your fragile frame, has clipped your forward wing?
So I shall hold you, tending your being,
Healing my wounds through healing yours; but when
Flowers take root and start to bloom, you then
Sing your sorrow still, my captive in Spring.

No, I'll not keep you caged behind these bars
Of affection and so heighten your plight;
For I, who know that clutching also scars
Do hear your fettered coo through this dark night,
Mournful and reaching to some distant stars.
For love I free you. Fly, my love. Take flight.
I love you, Michele. Happy Anniversary!

4 comments:

Eric said...

Congrats, Huck! Hope you two have a wonderful anniversary.

"Someone has written that love makes people believe in immortality, because there seems not to be room enough in life for so great a tenderness, and it is inconceivable that the most masterful of our emotions should have no more than the spare moments of a few years." -Robert Louis Stevenson

"Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." - -Rainer Maria Rilke

Leigh C. said...

Mazel tov to you and Mrs Huck!

LAmom said...

Congratulations!! Have a really great day.

LAdad and I will be marking 10 years of marriage in just a couple of weeks.

Daisy said...

yeah, dad. have a happy anniversary!